A new Townforge release is out. v0.33.0.0 is hopefully the last testnet restart before the final release and mainnet, which should happen somewhere around November.
A testnet restart will happen on Tuesday the 28th. The current test still works with 0.32.2.0. On the switch date, you will have to exit townforged and remove two files: the blockchain and tf-block-hashes-testnet.data. After that, you can start the 0.33 townforged.
The highlights in this new release:
- much improved voxel import (multi model Magical Voxel file, Minecraft schem files, palette editing)
- better procedural terrain
- snow storm event
- better scripts UI
- optional downloadable bock hashes for better sync speed
- decreased memory usage
- fix for large event logs breaking the database
- much faster switch between ground modes
- optional on disk terrain cache
- based off newer monero code
As usual, if you have voxel buildings you want to carry over, you can export them and reimport them in the new version.